StatusThe thesis was presented on the 22 March, 2017
Approved by NCAA on the 31 May, 2017
Abstract– 0.77 Mb / in romanian
1.30 Mb /
Thesis structure: introduction, 3 chapters each with conclusions, general conclusions and recommendations, bibliography of 117 sources, 133 pages of basic text, the declaration of assuming responsibility, the author’s CV.
Thesis result: were reflected in 20 scientific papers.
Field of study: Romanian literature
The aim of the thesis: consists in the need to appreciate Eminescu’s works in the field of journalism in relation to his poetry, and other areas of his writing, highlighting his proposals to form organisms capable to unify national interests with the intrests of Europe in general.
Objectives of the research are the following:
1. To determine the existence of a European conscience in M. Eminescu’s journalistic works;
2. To deduce the actuality of the „european idea”, in relation to the integrationist processes occuring nowadays;
3. To accentuate the formation of a modern union through a conglomerate of modern states taking into consideration the common values and the goethean and eminescian principle of Weltliteratur;
4. To signalize the idea of epocentrism in the works and in the activity of influential Romanian personalities;
5. To reaveal the process of europenisation by demonstrating the way the regional idea of the “common good of the nations” has blended with general-european processes;
6. The perception of Eminescu’s European spirit and its impact on the personalities contempory with him;
7. To reveal the way Eminescu, a European personality, is perceived in the continental context.
The scientific novelty and originality resides in the valorization of Eminescu’s works, in which the Romanian European idea originated, in terms of our national interests and quality dialogue nowadays which, altogether, subserve the formation of “a concerto of all European nations”. The originality of this study consists in its goal to unriddle and to construe the most important moments in the Romanian history which had been possible thanks to remarkable Romanian personalities. We will emphasize, in this context, Mihai Eminescu’s concern with this subject, as he pioneered the emergence of a new type of unity on European level.
The scientific problem that was solved consists in the new perspective of interpretation of Eminescu’s work, in terms of the European idea, which was the main concern not only in his journalistic activity, but in all of his works. This fact made him bring about his opinion about europenisation and universalization of Romanian culture and his view of Europe as a whole based on the unity of cultures. The actuality of this subject is revealed through interpreting its emergence in social, political and cultural contexts and by passing in review differet points of view on European integration and on “the assurance of a normal national development” of the integrated states.
Theoretical and practical value of the thesis consists in the actualization and valorization of the works of Eminescu through interpretative, comparative-contrastive analysis. Keeping the trace of his European-intelectual evolution, it was proved that the Eminescu’s intellectual models were supporting the idea of europenisation and universalisation. Eminescu’s personality, analysed in the European and universal perspective, proved the European identity of the Romanian nation.
Implementation of research results: The thesis results were implemented within the project “The World Congres of Eminescologists”, I-V editions, 2012-2016, at The Philology Institute of ASM; and, also, within scientific communications presented within international and national colloquies/conferences.
Under consideration  :